Monday 7 December 2009

Staff Training

Today was a staff training day. Claire and I decided to go kayaking on one of the local rivers, nothing to difficult as Claire was more interested in getting some coaching than been scared out of her whit, however there were a couple of sections to keep me smiling to. The last rapid on the section of river we did is Claire's 'Nemesis' after swimming a couple of times on previous attempts. However today despite been really nervous and the river been quite high, Claire got her line absolutely spot on and came out of the bottom with a huge smile. After finishing the river it was time for tea and medals, however I still felt the need to kayak something else, so we stopped at a waterfall on the way back home. I jumped out of the van ran up the road had a quick look, went to get my boat and had a go! However on the lip I was to far over to the left and ended getting a bit of a beating and subsequently exiting my boat! Just proves I'm human.

Cobdens Falls

This is were it started going wrong

A little bit of rock love

A spot of swimming

Claire Successful decent of Forestry Falls




No comments:

Post a Comment